Blue Light Protection In Las Vegas
Did you know that even 2 hours a day in front of a computer or phone can cause discomfort and place you or your child at risk of vision loss and eye disease?
Understanding the Danger Of Blue Light
Technology has advanced steadily and has become more affordable so we must count ourselves lucky to be living in the 21st century where we can do a lot even with our handheld devices alone.
The implication of this is that we spend more time daily looking into these devices and there are some consequences that are becoming obvious with time.
Spending 2+ hours a day in front of digital device places you at risk of blue light damage and computer vision syndrome.
- 72% of children under 18
- 88% of 18-39 year olds
- 83% of 40-59 year olds
- 76% of 60+
What are some of the effects of blue light exposure?
The Dangers Of Blue Light
- Macular Degeneration: The Schepens Eye Institute demonstrated that a low density of macular pigment may represent a risk factor for AMD by permitting greater blue light damage.
- Cataracts: Recent research indicates a strong link between exposure to blue light and incidences of cataracts.
Blue Light Protection Is Not Optional
Most of us spend a part, sometimes a large part, of our day in front of a computer screen, TV, tablet, or smartphone. The light from these digital device screens negatively affects our retina, and most of the long-term effects are unknown to us. You will start to feel discomfort, soreness, fatigue, and blurriness in your eyes at some point.
Protect Your Eyes From Blue Light
- Use blue light lenses or glasses.
- Limit screen time as much as possible.
- Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away
- Schedule yearly eye exams
- Add warm lighting for your home and office to reduce blue light exposure.
Essential Blue Series By Essilor
Unlike other solutions for filtering Harmful Blue Light, Essential Blue Series™ lenses let you enjoy your world through a clear lens—without a yellow tint. Available At Yesnick Vision Center in single vision and progressive lenses, Essential Blue provides comfort, clarity, without needing to be embarrassed when wearing blue light protection.
Eyezen Lenses For Blue Light Protection
It utilizes the Smart Blue Filter™ feature, which reduces exposure to Harmful Blue Light by 20%. Eyezen™ enhanced single vision lenses provide sharper vision than ordinary single vision lenses, reduce eye fatigue and eye strain and are available to everyone—whether you have a prescription or just want a pair of computer glasses. With this great product, our Las Vegas patients can keep their eyes protected from direct blue light exposure and eye strain.
Introducing the first contact lens designed specifically for digital device users.
- Digital Zone Optics and Aquaform Technology help with tired dry eye associated with digital eye fatigue
- Designed for all day use, allowing easy transitioning from near, to mid distance, to far distance viewing without added eye strain.
- 8 out of 10 digital device users agreed that Biofinity Energys contact lenses made their eyes feel less tired.