Ask us about affordable programs for eye exams and eyewear in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you don’t have medical insurance or a vision insurance plan, it can get costly to pay for your eye care out of pocket. However, your vision is too valuable to neglect! Fortunately, a number of programs and organizations provide discounted eye exams and eyewear for cash-paying patients who have no insurance coverage. In addition, we can guide you towards rebates that are available for contact lenses.
We welcome walk-ins at Yesnick Vision Center, please stop in anytime for your eye care and eyewear needs – and to ask our knowledgeable Las Vegas, Nevada, staff about the various financing options if you are a cash-paying patient with no insurance.
Free and discounted eye exams for adults
Financial assistance, lower cost eye exams, and even free eye exams exist for people without insurance:
- EyeCare America: this is a public service program of the Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, which gives free eye exams for qualifying seniors. Since 1987, they have provided free eye exams to 1.8 million patients. If you are eligible, you will receive a comprehensive medical eye exam and up to one year of eye care for any disease diagnosed during the initial exam. Visit their website to find out if you or a senior friend or family member qualifies.
- VISION USA: free eye exams are provided to low-income workers who do not have insurance and their families. This program is coordinated by the Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation; call VISION USA, 1-800-766-4466, for more information.
- Lions Clubs International: local Lions Clubs provide vision screening and financial assistance for eye care. For more information and to find your local club, check their website.
- Medicare: while Medicare does not cover free eye exams or free eyeglasses, people with special health problems do generally qualify for coverage for medical eye exams, such as diabetes or a family history of glaucoma. Visit the Medicare website for more detailed info.
- The National Eye Institute: they maintain a comprehensive list of organizations that provide free eye exams and/or free glasses.
Free and low-cost eyeglasses
- New Eyes: a non-profit, volunteer organization that buys new glasses for poor adults and children in the US. Visit their website to learn more.
- Sights for Students: this VSP program provides free glasses to low-income, uninsured children.
- Costco: if you are a Costco member, you can take advantage of their discounted prescription eyewear.
- Optometry Cares: visit their AOA Foundation website to access a comprehensive list of state-specific resources.
Affordable eye care for cash-paying patients in Las Vegas, Nevada
Dr. David Yesnick and our entire team is dedicated to ensuring that everyone, regardless of age or income, benefits from quality eye care and eyewear – even if you do not have insurance. To that end, we are well-informed about the many programs to provide discounted eye care, including free eye exams and glasses. If you wear contact lenses, we also have details about various rebates.
Our friendly, expert staff at Yesnick Vision Center invites you to visit anytime; walk-ins are welcome, no appointment necessary.