Nevada’s Only Low Vision Driving School
Dr. Yesnick and his team are highly experienced in creating the right visual aid that will allow you to drive again.
Yes, it is possible with our driving vision aids and ‘safe driving’ technology to be safe and legal to drive.
AAA Driving Academy is the ONLY drivers training clinic in Nevada, to keep visually impaired drivers safely and legally on the road. Additionally, any new driver of any age can now learn to drive and get their drivers’ license, using our hi tech safe drivers training car and our vastly experienced professional driver trainers.
To learn more about retaining your independence to drive, click here.
- New Driver Training and Certification
- Senior Driver Re Education
- Training and Certification
- Visually Impaired Drivers Training and Certification
- DMV Services
New Safe Driving Technologies are now available to retain your independence behind the wheel: Located inside the YESnick Vision Center in Las Vegas, Nevada our driving school was initiated as one more step to providing the highest quality eye care in the state of Nevada.
Nevada State law For Driving With Telescope Glasses
The Nevada State law allows driving with low vision with visual aids such as bioptics with the following conditions.
If using a Bioptic telescope while driving in the State of Nevada, you will need to meet these requirements.
The best corrected vision of the applicant must be:
- At least 20/40 when looking through the telescopic device; and
- At least 20/120 when looking through the carrier lens.
- The field of vision of the applicant must be at least 130 degrees.
- The condition which is the nature of the applicant’s visual deficiency must be stable.
- The applicant must pass a comprehensive road test to determine whether he or she is able to operate a motor vehicle safely while using the telescopic device and the carrier lens.
(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Motor Veh. & Pub. Safety, eff. 11-7-95) 483. 405 Driver’s License Division, Las Vegas, Nevada