Contact Lenses & Eye Care
Here’s a shocking statistic: According to the CDC, more than 99% of the people who wear contact lenses in the U.S. engage in at least one risky or unsanitary behavior with their lenses!
Contact lenses are a safe and convenient way to correct your vision — as long as they are worn and cared for properly. Engaging in risky behavior when it comes to your lenses can put you at risk of developing eye infections or cause eye damage.
So, if you wear contact lenses, continue reading to learn the correct contact lens protocol. To ask any questions about your contact lenses or schedule a contact lens consultation, call Yesnick Vision Center in Las Vegas today.
The Do’s of Contact Lens Wear and Care
- We can’t stress this enough: Do wash your hands! Before touching your eyes or handling your lenses, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water. After rinsing, dry your hands on a paper towel or clean lint-free cloth.
- Do disinfect your lenses when you remove them from your eyes, using only solutions recommended by your eye doctor.
- Do remove your contact lenses before sleeping, swimming, and showering. Contact lenses and water do not mix due to the risk of infection.
- Do clean your contact lens case weekly with warm soapy water and replace it every 3 months.
- Do carry a pair of glasses with you in case you need to remove your contact lenses.
The Don’ts of Contact Lens Wear and Care
- Don’t overwear your lenses. Replace them as often as your doctor recommends. So, replace your monthlies every month, your weeklies every week, and discard daily lenses before bedtime.
- Don’t rub your eyes while wearing contact lenses.
- Don’t use tap water or saliva (ever!) to rinse or rewet your contact lenses.
- Don’t allow makeup to get into your eyes when wearing contact lenses.
- Don’t share your contact lenses with anyone — seriously, don’t.
- Don’t wear your contact lenses if your eyes feel irritated or appear red. Give them a chance to de-stress before inserting them back into your eyes.
- Don’t skip your annual eye exam. Your eyes will thank you.
Contact Lenses - Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses In Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit Yesnick Vision Center for contact lenses and trendy eyeglasses that match your style.
Whether you wear contact lenses or not, regular eye exams can help detect eye disease early and give you a chance to discuss all of your eye-related concerns with your eye doctor. To schedule your annual eye exam, call Yesnick Vision Center in Las Vegas today!
- A: Yes. Opticians still sometimes use glass for lenses. However, glass is not used very often because they aren’t as safe. If these glass lenses breaks, they can shatters into many pieces and can injure the eye. Glass lenses are much heavier than plastic lenses, so they can make your eyeglasses less comfortable to wear.
- A: A protective coating can’t be added to a lens after it’s scratched. The coating is applied when the lens is manufactured and can’t be put on later.
Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses In Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit YESnick Vision Cente for an eye exam and eyeglasses that match your style.