A new pair of stylish glasses can make you feel great about the way you look. But once those frames get bent or the lenses get scratched, you won’t feel as proud to show them off. Our Las Vegas eye doctor shares essential tips on how to maintain the sparkle of your new designer glasses.
Cleaning your glasses:
- Clean your hands before attempting to clean your glasses.
- Rinse the frames and lenses under cool (never hot!) water to remove any heavy debris.
- Using a bit of dishwashing liquid on each lens, rub both sides of the lenses and the entire frame gently with your fingers or a special lens cloth.
- Rinse the glasses with cool water; take care to remove all soap traces.
- Shake your frames gently so the excess water drips off.
- Dry the lenses and frame with a clean, lint-free cloth. Don’t use any towels that have been washed with fabric softener, as the material can leave smears on the lenses.
What NOT to do when cleaning your glasses:
- Don’t use the edge of your shirt, paper towels or tissues; they can scratch the lenses
- Don’t use saliva or your breath instead of water
- Don’t use household surface cleansers, they contain ingredients that can damage coating on frames and lenses
- Don’t wear your glasses in the shower to clean them; steam, hot water and shampoos can all damage the lenses
How often should you clean your glasses?
Our eye doctor recommends doing this process daily, or as needed. Cleaning your glasses regularly will help extend the life of your frames and lenses. When a full step-by-step sink cleaning isn’t convenient or possible, use a spray cleaner or lens cloth, available at our Las Vegas optical store.
At Yesnick Vision Center, we put your family's needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 702-500-0525 or book an appointment online to see one of our Las Vegas eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!