Our own Sandy YESnick fights for the rights of our Low Vision patients!
- Macular Degeneration,Diabetic Retinopathy,
- Retinitis Pigmentosa?
We Can Help
If you or a loved one are now having problems seeing and doing the things you have enjoyed, Dr. YESnick can help. If you have been told by your eye doctor that a change in your eyeglass prescription will not help you see any better, call Dr. YESnick, who is trained to design special glasses that can make a difference.
Are you tired of hearing “NOTHING MORE CAN BE DONE”? Are you frustrated at having to use hand magnifiers to read? Call a member of our Vision Recovery Center for a free telephone interview. We design glasses to help you do the things you love to do, including:
Driving – Reading – Writing – Watching Television – Playing Cards – Seeing Faces and more!
Low Vision Evaluation at the Vision Recovery Center
- The FREE TELEPHONE INTERVIEW.
This is required for an appointment with Dr. YESnick to determine if you are a good candidate for our products and services. Dr. YESnick will not waste your time or money if he believes he cannot help you.
- The Low Vision evaluation consists of three steps:
- Find out the amount of vision the patient has.
- Find out the amount of vision needed to do the task desired.
- Figure out the best magnification device that allows the person to do the task.
We find out the amount of vision the patient has by performing a low vision evaluation. It is not anything like a regular eye exam:
- We use special charts and techniques to “draw out” any residual vision that may be “hiding” in the periphery.
- We recheck the regular eyeglass prescription to improve it if possible.
- We see how magnification affects the level of vision.
We find out the amount of vision needed to do the task desired with very specific questions and demonstrations.
- We ask the patient to bring samples of print they want to see (kindles, stock market pages, newspaper…).
- We ask the patient to bring samples of activities they do (needlework, playing cards…).
We figure out the best magnification device that allows the person to do the task by having many unique demonstrators in the office. We do not order any low vision device unless we prove that it works in the office first.
People come from near and far to see Dr. YESnick - click here to learn more.
I look forward to making a difference in your life,
Dr. David YESnick, O.D.